Green Your Kid's School
7 Secrets To Getting It Done
1. Ask your school principal or administrator for the product name of all the cleaning supplies used. Ask to see the full list of ingredients. You have the right to ask and know. If they use products that don't list all ingredients then it isn't a green product. You want to know what chemicals if any your child is being exposed to. Our GTC products have full disclosure of all ingredients and don't contain chemicals that are carcinogenic, neurotoxicants, hormone or endocrine disruptors.
2. Don't be fooled by green cleaning logos- some "green" logos don't equal healthy. Healthy ingredients are those that are all natural or derived from renewable resources and are of plant based origins. Look for products that are derived from corn/palm kernel, essential oils, purified water, olive oil and vinegar.
*Click here for more information about our product ingredients.
*Click here for our product standards and ingredients to avoid.
3. Ask your school to adopt a green cleaning policy. For a copy of a sample policy Click here
4. Ask moms and dads to help you advocate for the use of green cleaners- create a support system. Click here for ideas.
5. Ask your school to test trial green cleaners.
6. Talk with other schools that have greened their cleaning or Click here for a list of our client references.
7. Call us at (551) 996-8071 or e-mail James Ronchi at firstname.lastname@example.org to Green the Cleaning at your school.
Alliance to Save Energy – Green Schools